Elite Fitness’ Andi Donovan sincerely believes that we are the ultimate custodians to the bodies that contain our spirits.
Andi’s comprehensive approach to being “the change that you wish to see in the world” is to start with ourselves. Meticulously trained not only in advanced health and fitness disciplines, Andi is also a Karma Yoga teacher, sharing the ranks with some of the best-known yoga instructors in northern California.
When potential clients meet with Andi to assess their fitness and fat loss goals, Andi reveals her no-nonsense attitude when she offers this simple warning. “I’ve trained individuals of all shapes, sizes, and backgrounds, and one thing is consistent; everyone is busy,” she says. “No one has enough time in his or her day to get everything done. I get it. My response? Too bad. It’s not a valid excuse.”
Andi Donovan’s solid background in exercise physiology, health and nutrition leaves no stone unturned, as she remains a perpetual student of her craft. But the overriding reason she loves to train? “In the end, it’s my penchant to help people reach those goals that may have been so elusive in the past. I want people to know and remember me as someone who cared intimately about their health and fitness dreams – someone who did all she could to help make those dreams come true.”
Bakersfield College, Bakersfield, CA (1999-2000)
Courses included athletic and sport-specific training, injury care and prevention, and post-rehabilitation.
University of California, Irvine and University of California, San Diego (1988-1991)
Studies included dance, theatre and psychology.
Professional certifications and specialized skills include:
• Heart Zones (2004) Certified as a cardiovascular specialist
• Fitness Evolutions, San Diego, CA (1998) Certified as Kick-Fit kickboxing instructor
• School of Healing Arts, San Diego, CA (1996) Certified and licensed as a massage technician
• American Council on Exercise, San Diego, CA (1994) Certified as a personal trainer
• Perform Better and Optimum Performance Systems Seminars (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008)
• Functional training in power and stability training, torso training, medicine ball training, stability ball and power-band training, body fat composition, dynamic warm-up, injury prevention, and injury rehabilitation.
• Clinical evaluations, utilizing therapeutic modalities, and injury prevention and rehabilitation.
• Lifestyle assessment
• Perform Better and Optimum Performance Systems Seminars 2009, 2010, 2011
• Karma yoga teacher training specializing in Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga