Bakersfield College, Bakersfield, CA (1999-2000)
Courses included athletic and sport-specific training, injury care and prevention, and post-rehabilitation.
University of California, Irvine and University of California, San Diego (1988-1991)
Studies included dance, theatre and psychology.
Professional certifications and specialized skills include:
• Heart Zones (2004) Certified as a cardiovascular specialist
• Fitness Evolutions, San Diego, CA (1998) Certified as Kick-Fit kickboxing instructor
• School of Healing Arts, San Diego, CA (1996) Certified and licensed as a massage technician
• American Council on Exercise, San Diego, CA (1994) Certified as a personal trainer
• Perform Better and Optimum Performance Systems Seminars (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008)
• Functional training in power and stability training, torso training, medicine ball training, stability ball and power-band training, body fat composition, dynamic warm-up, injury prevention, and injury rehabilitation.
• Clinical evaluations, utilizing therapeutic modalities, and injury prevention and rehabilitation.
• Lifestyle assessment